31 July 2012, sezione Android
English is not my first language, so be patient if I make some mistakes.
The major update brings widget support and a lot of little improvement. Now the launcher is pretty complete and someone ask me for new features, here a list of the most common:
– Custom categories: I don’t think to implement this on short time, if the set of categories changes then the synchronization with server will not be possible. So custom categories means no automatic cataloging that is the main feature of Smart Launcher. Maybe in future I’ll find a solution…
– Custom icon/clock on main page: I’d like to make Smart Launcher largely customizable but to do this I need to define very well the structure of the program in order to describe to other developers how to make themepack for SmarLauncher. We are yet at version 0.8, it need more time. If you want to try a new clock font try to set ADW Faenza as theme.
– Resizable Widget: I introduced widget support because a lot of people ask me about it. I’ll continue to work on it but it’s not a priority. If you make extensive use of widgets maybe Smart Launcher it’s not the best solution.
– Advanced options: I’ll introduce some new options in the next releases like choosing dimension of widget grid, number of screens, hiding statusbar, hiding softkey bar and other. Stay tuned.
– Optimization: I know there are some lags on older devices, I’m working to resolve them.
It you have other request or advice, please ask here.